- Complete the real research study online as a participant ORwatch the video:
- Studylink: https://ust.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehrvwbDjL4hV9RA
- The survey is a real research study.
- Take the survey ONCE
- Please take the survey seriously and follow the instructions in the survey.
- Please also reflect on your experience as a research participant.
- You may find it helpful to take notes as you go along.
- Videolink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6diqpGKOvic
- When watching, you may turn on the caption (i.e. subtitles) by clicking on the icon “CC” on the bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Answer the question in the space provided below (within 200-300 words).
There is a word limit.
200-300 words. All main text, in-text citations and footnotes count towards this word limit, while the reference list, appendices, and any additional materials, if any, do not. There will be a 2-point deduction penalty if your writing is outside this range.
How to submit your essay:
- Use this template to submit your work.
- Rename this Word file using this format: RE _UST ID.docx (e.g., “docx”).
- Submit your work under the “Assignments” tab on CANVAS.
- There is a grace-period policy: Submissions later than the deadline for five hours or less will not be penalized. For submissions later than the deadline for more than five hours, a 2-point deduction will apply. For students who cannot meet the deadline due to medical reasons, a testimony by a medical doctor should be presented to the instructor as soon as possible; the submission deadline will be postponed accordingly. The aforesaid penalty will apply thereafter.
- Only the last submitted file will be graded, even if you claim to have submitted a wrong or corrupted file.
Your writing will be graded on a pass/fail basis. If your writing addresses the question and shows your effort and thinking, you will be given a pass and 10 points. If your writing fails to achieve this, you will be given some comments and have a chance to rewrite and resubmit with a two-point deduction penalty (that is, a resubmission that meets the said criteria will be given a pass and 8 points).
You only need to either complete the survey OR watch the video.
If you filled out the survey, answer this question: How does this study change your perception of how psychologists study our relationship with our environment?
If you watched the video, answer this question: How does this video advance your understanding about the behavior of lying among children?
Please use the space below to answer the question in 200-300 words (There will be a 2-point deduction penalty if your writing is outside this range).